Explain the objectives of the project in terms of a problem which it solves or an opportunity which it capitalizes on. Note: Be sure that the objectives are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely (S.M.A.R.T).
Due Week 3 and worth 200 points
Write a 7- 8 page paper in which you:
1. Propose a project idea and explain a selection method for selecting the project (i.e., financial or
non-financial method). Provide a rationale for your recommendation.
2. Explain the objectives of the project in terms of a problem which it solves or an opportunity which
it capitalizes on. Note: Be sure that the objectives are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic,
and Timely (S.M.A.R.T).
3. Create a Scope Statement (using the template in the textbook, p. 105). Make sure to include all
necessary components of the scope statement.
4. Expand on the five (5) major deliverables of the project (stated in the Scope Statement), and
explain the importance of each major deliverable.
5. Provide the timeframe for delivering the solution to the project, and expand on any potentials for
6. Create a table which contains the generic resources, including people, equipment, and materials
needed to undertake the project. Note: These are only generic figures to give the Project
Sponsor an idea of the level of resourcing required to finish the project.
7. Create a table for the total budget for the project based on the cost of the resources specified in
the table that you have created in section 6. Next, add contingency and any other additional costs
(e.g., intangible costs, the cost of a change in culture or process within the business,
etc.).Support your response.
8. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites
(such as non-established commercial websites and blogs) do not qualify as quality resources.
9. Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
a. Typed, double spaced, using Arial font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
b. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the
professors name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the
required page length.
c. Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The
reference page is not included in the required page length.