Describe contributors to health disparities
Use your creativity and technology to develop educational materials
• B: Apply this semester’s work and develop educational materials.
• C: Consider social determinants of health in your development of materials.
• D. Use evidence-based information in your content.
In this assignment, you will develop materials to educate a population on an important health topic or issue. You will target subsections of the population and develop creative materials that uses technology.
This assignment is worth 20 points. This assignment is a good opportunity for you to concretely demonstrate your mastery of the material and its relevance to public health education.
Virtual Poster Display (20 pts) – Students will prepare a virtual information poster on mental health. This information should be geared toward parents of teenagers to inform them about mental health and signs and symptoms of mental illness in their children. You can focus on any number of topics related to mental health including suicide, bullying, depression, anxiety, eating disorders, and/or substance use among others.
This assignment is due by Monday 2/18 at 11:59 pm. You should include at least 5 citations total (from a referred publication using APA style. See “Resources” for details regarding how to cite in word and using PubMed or the NCCU Library to locating literature.
This project is worth 20 points.
Grading Rubric (Poster):
• Summary of problem (define and describe mental health issue): 10 pts.
• Include descriptions of some biology/physiology/function related to the topic that you chose. For example, if you discuss depression or suicidal ideation include the brain and nervous system. If you choose substance use discuss the blood or how an inhalant enters the body (i.e., respiratory health). If you discuss risky sexual behavior a include content on reproductive health. 10 pts.
• Describe contributors to health disparities: 5 pts.
• At least five citations (go to the literature and find evidence to support your information): 2.5pts.
• Grammar/Typos (proofread and spellcheck your submission): 2.5 pts.
Materials and Technology Needed
1. Poster: I have provided a template for you to use. You can change colors, fonts, backgrounds etc. Have fun with this.
2. This submission is electronic. You will not print anything.