Address how this bill might impact professional nursing practice standards if passed? If not passed?• How might the bill impact your own nursing practice?
In this assignment, you will assess the impact of health legislation on nursing practice and communicate your analysis to your peers. GovTrack.us provides a list of federal health bills that are currently in process in Congressional Committees.
A short tutorial with tips for completing this assignment may be viewed here: Healthcare Policy (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
1. This assignment will be in the format of a PowerPoint presentation (Bullet points may be used).
2. You are educating your peers through this presentation regarding a federal bill you believe may be of interest to nurses.
3. Go to https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/subjects/health/6130 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
4. Choose a health-related federal bill of interest. Read through the bill and develop a summary in your own words. Include the bill number and name.
5. Here is a link to our U.S. legislative process (bill to law) for review, if needed.
https://www.congress.gov/legislative-process (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
https://support.office.com/office-training-center?redirectSourcePath=%252fen-us%252farticle%252fb8f02f81-ec85-4493-a39b-4c48e6bc4bfb (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Include the following information in your presentation
• Title slide (Your name, NR451, January session, Healthcare Policy assignment)
• Bill name and number (indicate either H.B. or S.B.)
• Bill summary (in your own words)
• Address how this bill might impact professional nursing practice standards if passed? If not passed?
• How might the bill impact your own nursing practice?
• How might you communicate your concerns about or support for this bill based on nursing practice, standards, or patient outcomes?
• How might this bill impact your community?
• References slide to include the Bill source in APA format.
Cite all sources on the appropriate slides with (author, year) as well as on the Reference slide.
• Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
• Use the rubric as a final check prior to submission to ensure all content is clearly addressed.